Don't Give Up on Social Media!

Is your social media marketing campaign not performing how you’d like? With the many different variables in place, don’t be so quick to blame it all on social media. Here’s some different strategies for a few of the largest social media platforms that you can and should be using to your advantage!


Define Your Audience

In order to reach the right people you must define your audience. One of the best ways to do this is by utilizing Facebook demographics. The Facebook Audience Insights tool shows information for people connected to your page, people in your custom audience and people on Facebook. With this you can learn key demographics like age, gender, ethnicity, education and Facebook usage. Then you can tailor your Facebook content to your specific audience.

Plan Content

Posting the right content at the right time is imperative in a social media marketing campaign. Too much content overloads the user and posting unrelated content will push people away from your brand. You must create a plan of what will be posted and when. A good strategy to follow is the 80-20 rule where you use 80 percent of your Facebook posts to inform, educate and entertain and use the other 20 percent to promote your brand. When there is a good balance of content on your page people are more likely to engage.


Strategic Partnerships

Even though social media platforms use similar marketing strategies, each platform has its own unique advantages. Instagram is special because it’s image-based. According to Hootsuite, “92% of Instagram users say they’ve followed a brand, clicked on their website, or made a purchase after seeing a product or service on the platform.” Find other Instagram accounts that reach your target audience and follow them. This builds a community where you support each other by sharing each other’s content. You can also build collaborations with your content and this will reach out to wider audiences.

Turn Followers Into Fans

If you use Instagram right you can quickly turn your followers into fans who will be with you for the long haul. Since Instagram relies on images to communicate, any text you use must be enticing to viewers. Keep the captions fun, but make sure you’re driving people to your website and other external links to really maximize the platform. You can also create a bio on your page that explains who you are. Put a link to your website and all other contact info in the bio so your new fans know exactly how to reach you.


Appeal to Other Professionals

LinkedIn is a platform for professionals. It specializes in promoting yourself and your business by creating valuable connections across industries. Businesses use other social media platforms for business to consumer interactions, but LinkedIn stands out by focusing on business to business interactions. Marketing yourself on LinkedIn can gain you valuable exposure within your industry and with those searching online for an expert in your field. You can take advantage of LinkedIn marketing by positioning yourself as this expert by posting ads and sharing strategic content.

Maximizing social media can be more challenging than you think – but never give up! There are many different platforms, each with its own strengths. If your campaign is not performing as you well as you hoped, evaluate what you’re doing and think about expanding your horizons to another platform.

Silver Telly Winner of the 43rd Annual AwardsBronze Telly Winner of the 43rd Annual Awards